Gem # 1 – Exhibit Leadership ‘where you are’, now:The quality of your life is determined by what you’re doing right now.
- What part of YOUR success are you working on? If it’s to author a book someday, are you writing 30 minutes a day?
- If it’s to own your own business, have you created the product? are you working on your website?
- Leaders don’t do what they want to do, they do what they have to do. NOW.
Gem #2 – Have a Game Plan:
- How many times have you heard that one? You keep hearing it because it’s, necessary.
- Either you schedule success or you plan failure, but you can’t do both.
- Ask yourself, “What am I doing daily that is getting me closer to success?”
- Stop talking. Start doing.
- Get a business coach. Make an appointment with a Small Business Development Center (SBDC). It’s free!
Gem #3 – Find someone in business that you admire, and follow them.
They say, “imitation is the best form of flattery”. Do you have a successful person you can follow (imitate)? If you don’t have one, FIND ONE. We’re not talking about ‘copying’ their craft; that’s not cool. The key is to apply the success tools they use, read the books they read, ask questions, wait for answers. Seek and ye shall find. Knock hard enough and the doors will open.