Establishing and Enforcing Visitation

Changes in Custody or Visitation May Take Time

Seeking a change in custody or visitation is a long process. It is a big commitment-both emotionally and financially. If you choose to seek a change, it is important to know that the process can take several months.

If you begin your action a few weeks before the holidays, it is unlikely that you will get custody during that same holiday season. However, don’t be discouraged by the bureaucratic roadblocks; your efforts will be rewarded for years to come as you play a larger role in your child’s life.

Establishing and Enforcing visitation

Obtaining a Modification of Visitation/Custody

Obtaining modification begins by filing an Order to Show Cause (OSC) for modification with the court. The order is served upon the former spouse. If it is to your advantage, you may wish to concurrently file for a change in child support. You will need to attach a written declaration to your OSC detailing the reasons you seek the modification.


There is additional information to the article. Please go to

Or call:
Determine Your Options
Call (714) 845-7033